Tuesday 2 February 2010

Anatomy of an apparent hate campaign?



This is probably the most toxic post I've made.

Not sure whether I'll even keep it on the blog.

I like to link to examples of a community online deciding when behaviour is acceptable or unacceptable. This exchange made me sad, and then angry. I don't know the people involved, and it appears to have propelled someone onto a wider platform following a baiting or attack on someone in the public eye.

She apparently retaliated, and the exchange developed below.

It's too early, and I have no provenance or background information to even make sense of this. So I'll just lay out the two feeds by way of example.


The first was a simple tweet I stumbled upon.

RT @ndubz HELP T GET TO 5000 FOLLOWERS BY MIDNIGHT-FOLLOW HER NOW AT @OfficialTulisa -BIG UP EVERYONE IN NEWCASTLE WHO WAS AT THE SHOW TODAY



So I went to @Official Tulisa, and saw this
(newest tweets first)

Hello guys, jus wana set one thing straight for the press in the morn who r kindly twistin shit as (cont) http://tl.gd/6hn56

@xBeckiebabyUKSP thanks hun x
@ChelseaCavill thank u hun much appreciated!x
RT @ChelseaCavill: @officialtulisa (cont) www.tl.gd/6haam
@NokkonWud cheers, thanks for havin a open mind!x
Don't forget about the half greek side my nan wud kill me! Lol

And b4 u haters start I spotted it all ready! Language! Happy now? U try tweetin from a bb with 2 inch nails lol dat ish is haard!

Finally got thru my tweets phew, now I cans say hey fans!lovin the support and I'm sorry for fillin ur page with (cont) http://tl.gd/6gsb0

@hattiecollins havin fun hun, 2day seems 2 be national haters day, they r helarious little creatures I tell ya, (cont) http://tl.gd/6grnh
@xxnevergiveupxx how many times I gotta say, I'm on my bb, its called txt language, ur intelligence is pathetic! Sort it out u dog!
@banj_7 im vile?hmmm..... ur face is vile go away!lol
@joshua_fox well he's he did say I was a stupid bitch that didn't get an education cus I got pregnant and had an (cont) www.tl.gd/6gqe6
@bachini123 cheers hun!

@CKAYSMILEZZ_ I'm on my bb silly! Its called txt slang! Dam girl ur intelligence is awful!
@rhodri_ so does ur mum....dick lol
@CourageTeapartywell let the press no he said I was a stupid bitch who missed school cus I got pregnant at 12 (cont) http://tl.gd/6gord
@Tommo64bit my pleasure make sure u add in I won't say sorry and that negative people on my twitter deserve everyword they get! Cheers!
@SanaTeamBieber hello lovely thanks for the love!x
RT@ @x_JessicaMay_x: @OFFICIALTULISA HAHAHAHA THAT SEAN IS FROM MY COLLEGE BABE HE IS WEAK AS SHIT HE GOT PUT IN (cont) http://tl.gd/6gnth


And then saw the source



tonight has been mad but I think I'm gonna call it a night. Last thought of the day: @officialtulisa = loser and should delete her twitter.

@AKiDEMiKZ i hope you get stabbed.

Can I Just say, I think I might be a reason why N-Dubz is TT-ing.

@chris_marshman i never noticed. @AKiDEMiKZ must be coming on tom the gay faggot warlord.

@AKiDEMiKZ you want me slash you?

@chris_marshman no, i got happy slapped.

@Leiggghhh its been awesome! I could explain but I can't in 140 letters.

@AKiDEMiKZ give you a credit. that was original. its a good photo though unlike yours. nice back; wheres your face?

@NicoleUKSPduku soz.

@ChelseaCavill so your just stereotyping chavs now? thats low. play in traffic... blud.

@ChelseaCavill INIT?

any other @ndubz fans wanna start a fight with me?

@LaurenPetre pfft.

@LaurenPetre oh I have money, I spend it watching proper live bands. Myspace @blitzkids

I take that back.

looks like this NDUBS stuff has died down. I haven't been tweeted for 6 minutes now.. so at the end of the day I won @officialtulisa.

@fennedavies put it in your smartphone. when are your breaks?
@LaurenPetre lucky you.... *cough* you probably stole those tickets.
@alicee_oconnor you love it.
@fennedavies my day off. I will pop over and say hello, just for you ;) PERFECT!
@fennedavies when are you next in?
@WTFItsCiaran I'm listening to The Beatles. Yes LAD!
@LaurenPetre thats because you have no life. let me guess, your biggest crush is Aston & Lloyd Daniels?
@fennedavies :'(
@LaurenPetre cheers bro. i love yours though, it really captures you.
@fennedavies i need to talk to at college. no reasom. it would be lovely though.
@LaurenPetre look at her tweets. you will then see the light...
@fennedavies this is possibly the second best thing to come out of cheshire since cheese
@LaurenPetre yeah! YOU HEARD. BIG UP YASELF.
@LaurenPetre she started it. she called me out.
@morrisminor1313 excuse me tat boy?
RT @chris_marshman: @NDUBZbsup4ever you mean my hot girlfriend, alright I will, have fun wanking off to tulisa in your latest copy of smash
@morrisminor1313 if she was a 'bird', she'd be a turkey ;)
@manda_182 they're not hate tweets. they're tweets screaming for help x
Team Educated or Team NDUBS?

#No1RatesYou Everybody Hates You! @officialtulisa
@LaurenPetre great lyrical reference there. shame i am not from an urban area.
@morrisminor1313 okay tatoo boy.
@DUKUhayles_BsUp emo? my favourite colour is white :L
@J4CKUKSPNDUBZ spell probably blud... Please. (Thats called manners)
@fennedavies Simon?
@DUKUhayles_BsUp you can still be saved.
Retweet if you think NDubz is shit. @officialtulisa #ndubz #are #wank

@EmmaBsUpNDUBZx chatting shit? I'll merk you blud.
Retweet bellesmith94 @seanjoshuadyer is a twisted fire starter tonight!

@Jesobel i aim to please. maybe a follow too?
@WTFItsCiaran take my 1p sweets too.
@WTFItsCiaran www.twitpic.com/10xr0v
@fennedavies your missing my fun fearne. ;) (fenne)
Retweet www.twitpic.com/10xr0v - @officialtulisa - my impression of Nappy. Hope you like it!
Retweet @KaylaBall you're gonna love this...
@officialtulisa i don't drink reb bull. i do like water though... because thats normal. now run-a-long talentless girl.
Retweet @NDUBZbsup4ever i got raped.
@NDUBZbsup4ever i think i have ears. you have a mobile phone for a face
@WTFItsCiaran we rule.
@NDUBZbsup4ever you can have a go when you get an educated music taste.
@officialtulisa your pathetic.
@davina4xfactor get a profile picture. doosh. and shes nothing.
@WTFItsCiaran your 6000th tweet was to me. Rock on.
@chris_marshman its because she got pregnant at age 12 and so missed a lot of school. Did you get an abortion @officialtulisa?

#############


And that last tweet seems to be the start of everything above.



Click here for all the posts labelled Recommended Reading.

(How great is that? Labelling this post with Recommended Reading. Guess it's a notable example...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, Neil - this is bizarre cos I stumbled across some of this conversation on Twitter last night Mr Hudson had recommended people to follow Tulisa (cos obv he just did a track with them), i went to look at her tweets out of curiosity and there it was. Shame to see such venom being posted. real shame